Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Kotzebue or Fairbanks

Well, I'm getting ready for my move to Fairbanks. 3 days and counting. I still haven't decided whether or not I'll use Kotzebue or Fairbanks for my "sense of place" slideshow or Panraven story. I'm leaning towards Kotzebue since I won't have a car in Fairbanks. I think a few pictures of Kotzebue, (geared towards new teachers), would be fun. Kotzebue has numerous new teachers each year that come to town with only bits of information about their future home. A more accurate and honest heads-up, like the slide-show/Panraven story, could help Kotzebue attract the kinds of teachers who are looking for a new lifestyle. We'll see what I end up with. I only have a few nights to figure it out.

1 comment:

skipvia said...

You might think about using both Kotzebue and Fairbanks in the same story. It would be very interesting to see a comparison of life in both places--simple ideas like shopping, winter travel, recreation, schools, etc.